Apture

Sunday, April 27, 2008

It is over!

I am FINALLY done with my radiation! I am still in a bit of a shock that all my treatments are over. I have been taking a treatment of some sort now since November 14th, 2007. 4 months of chemo and 41/2 weeks of radiation. I am still pretty sore around my neck and chest, but that should start to get better in a week or so. I will go back to the Dr. for a check-up in June.

I know that this chapter in my life is over and am looking forward to the next. I have so many people to thank for supporting me the last many months that it will be impossible to say thanks to everyone individually here. I have so many family, friends and co-workers that have supported, encouraged and prayed for me during this time. I know that I am a different person as a result and will hope to see life through the lens of this experience and be better for is. I also hope that my experience has also helped others who have had to deal with cancer. I have learned much about cancer and how people deal with it.

I am not sure how to end this blog..... It has helped me in the healing process and want to see how I can continue to use it in someway maybe to help others. ...I'll think about it. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

7 comments:

Brian said...

What great news, brother! Praise God for his tremendous mercy! We rejoice with you!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO JEFF !!!
-Sean S.

Unknown said...

so glad to hear your good news ... joan has kept me in the loop ... it seems as we get older and wiser that prov 3:5-6 gets more significant ... you and yours are in my prayers ... that your health be restored and that your mind be renewed ... love the family pics ... you are blessed ... sydney

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you, Sandra and Daniel. Let's celebrate! When am I cooking?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jeff! You are finally on the road to recovery. I'm thinking about attending a cancer and nutrition symposium in DC this summer but not sure what to think of it. Have you heard of it before: www.cancerproject.org/symposium

Best regards,
Emily

Anonymous said...

Jeff ... I found your blog by accident looking up lymphoma treatmetns on the Internet.

My mother was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma - on her 70th birthday - and she'll start her chemotherapy this week.

Your blog was very inspirational and provided the personal touch of a true human being going through the illness instead of a government Web site trying to describe what will happen to my mom.

For that I thank you! I hope you always stay cancer free!

God bless you. You've also inspired me to create a similar blog about my mom.

Diana Eva

Jeff Tanner said...

Diana, Thanks so much for your email. It is great to hear how my experience can encourage others in fighting cancer. I am still in the remission stage and thank God that I am still cancer free. Please let me know how I can help you and your mother or if you have any questions regarding what she is about to go through.