Apture

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

First 7 radiation treatments


My radiation treatments are now in full-swing here in Houston. I drive down to Houston on Mondays and return on Fridays. Each treatment involves my lying down on a table and positioning me in a very precise way to make the radiation beams target exactly the same place everytime. They have made a mold of my face which is strapped to my head each time to keep me from moving....which really works! When this is done, it leaves a mesh pattern on my face which looks like I have been hit with a tennis racket! These treatments will last several more weeks and are a piece of cake compared with chemo. The only side effects are some fatigue, sore throat, and red chest and neck.


During the time I wait for my turn in the waiting room, I see patients who are going through this at the same time as chemo. They remind me so much of how I use to feel and I try and tell them it will get better, but from their standpoint, it does not help much. All they want is to feel better...now. I can't imaging doing radiation and chemo at the same time as they are doing. Also, I am only doing 22 treatments, and many of them are doing 35. I am thankful that I only have 22 total treatments and that I am done with chemo already.


2 comments:

The End of All Sorrows said...

Are you going to be able to go to Sandra's race with her?

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I think of you and your family all the time. We are all here for you and your family. Your in our prayers.
Love you,
Brenda,Tim and kids