Apture

Monday, March 24, 2008

Radiation treatments begin this week...

I will start taking my radiation treatments on Thursday this week in Houston. My oncologist strongly suggested I take my radiation at MD Anderson due to the location of my Lymphoma. It is very close to my heart and lungs and they need to make sure to avoid those vital organs and they feel better about doing this treatment at MD Anderson. Also, the radiation will enhance my remission rate.

So...I will have a total of 22 treatments starting on Thursday, March 27th and ending on Friday, April 25th. I will be staying in Houston during the week and traveling home to Fort Worth on the weekends. I know Houston very well, so I am not stressing over it. I will however, miss 2 of Daniel's golf tournaments, but he tells me he will not make any hole-in-ones without me there to witness!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff,
We are sorry that you cannot be home for this treatment. My friend here that took radiation had to stay during the week in Midland, but it only took less than an hour for that treatment and she did not have any bad reactions. That means you will have time on your hands. Maybe you can see an Astro game or two while you are there. Sam and Ben are home during the week maybe you can see a game or two of their's. Since you can work through your laptop that ought to be plenty to keep you busy. Although I know eating out when you have to, is not as much fun as eating out when you do it for fun.
You have many friends so you won't have much time to be bored.

Louanne said...

Hi Jeff! We are back from China and can finally see blogs again. We will be praying for you and for the doctors wisdon in your treatments.

Mike, Louanne and Nadia