Apture

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Low counts today...


I am entering my low blood count stage of chemo today through Friday and so I will be watching things pretty closely. My WBC and Platletes are all very low today. The issue (as always) is fighting simple infections with such a low WBC and also the threat of excess bleeding with a low Platelete count. I will stay away from un-cooked foods for several days and also keep my "contact sports" to a minimum to avoid possible bruising.


My RBC and HGB are low, but not too low like in past rounds. The RBC is where my energy comes from and it has been decent so far relative to past rounds. I still don't feel great, but am pushing to the finish line as much as I can because I can't stand this any more! Feeling tired and sick for 4 months kinda gets old. I know that my low counts today through the week will get better, so that keeps me staying positive.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Hang in there! I've been there so recently and know what it means to be 'done' with being sick from chemo. You are almost through the awful marathon of it all. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I'm with you in thoughts and prayers. I'm so proud of you for the way you've faced this, taken in on, and are doing battle physically and in the heavenlies. I'm thinking this week especially how powerful the faith of our friends can be...like the friends who brought the paralytic to Jesus, and when Jesus saw *their* faith, He moved miraculously. Know that you have lots of friends here and all over that are standing in the gap for you, praying for you, and asking Jesus to give you the healing that you're so working so hard to achieve. The combined power of your faith, our faith, and Jesus' powerful hand are an unbeatable combination.
We love you!
Eric and Lana, and so many other friends.

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy...the 19th hole is in sight. Hang in there and stay strong!

Geoff