Apture

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday: Better day

I feel much better today than the last 4 days of chemo. I have not felt like doing anything but sleep and rest. As you know, I was able to take my chemo at the chemo Center on Tuesday, then take a 48 hour chemo pump home. This was a great alternative to me having to take chemo in the hospital. This process however did not remove the tiring effects of the chemo as I was still really drained Tue - Fri. However, I awoke this morning feeling much better, even as our weather here in Fort Worth is cold with lots of rain. I have more energy and was able to get out of bed and think much clearer than the past several days.

It is amazing how much the chemo can drain you of energy. I have been told that with each new round of chemo, you body will feel more tired because of the months of chemo build-up in your body. I can tell, but am still hopeful that I will grow more energy as the days pass. The next remaining hurdle will be how low my blood counts will go. On Friday, they all were in very good ranges. All normal ranges with a few exceptions. So, we will see how Days 10-12 look (Thur, Feb 28 – Sat, Mar 1). That is when my counts typically drop to their lows.

Sandra's marathon training is going well. She has also reached her fund raising goals already which she is so excited about. We are in the process of making the travel plans now to Vancouver for the weekend of May 4th. Sandra's remaining 2 months of training are getting more intense, but she has renewed focus and determination and seems to be getting stronger with each week. Thanks for all your support, encouragement and prayers for both Sandra and I as we meet our challenges in the coming months!

No comments: