Apture

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wed

I have had increasing energy levels each day this week. I can really tell that this chemo round was less intense to my body from the last protocol. I still have a few more days before my counts could drop (Thur - Sat), so we will see. As of Tuesday, my counts were all pretty good....not normal, but for chemo, normal. I had a somewhat low WBC (4.2), but the HGB was 11.9, which is really good compared to last time at 7.7. Also, my RBC count is at 3.77, which is good...again considering my last round it hit 2.44.

I am eating well and trying to do some exercises in walking. It is important to stay active during times when I have energy. During chemo days, all I want to do is sleep and rest.


I am staying focused on the last few tasks for my completion of the chemo rounds. I am scheduled to start my last round on Tuesday, Feb 26, with the full treatment lasting till Thursday. Again, I will be able to take this out-patient. In mid March, I will return to MD Anderson for a re-staging test, then see a radiologist for setting up the radiation rounds. Radiation should last 4 weeks. I don't know yet what the effects of this will be, but hopefully it will be less intense as chemo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff: This is Gigi, your Aunt Marilyn's friend in Austin. I am also a Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma/R-Chopper/Cancer Blogger.

I read your blog with the up most understanding of what you are going through. I had my sixth and last round of R-Chop last Friday. Strength to you as you start your last round today.

I will follow your chemo recovery with great hope. This too will pass.
-Gigi in Austin