Apture

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Counts back to normal...

I am happy to report that after my tests on Wed, my blood counts are back in the normal range. I am feeling much better. I really know that getting the 2 units of blood really helped me a great deal.

I have been asked several times about how people can possibly donate blood on my behalf. Apparently, you can donate blood and designate it for my use. Even if you are not the same type, it can be banked in my account and used if necessary.

Based on my current chemo schedule, it is very possible I will need at least another 6 units over the next 6 weeks (2 units the week after my chemo cycle). If this is something you feel strongly about, then it would be a great gift. I know many people cannot donate blood for various reasons and I personally have not given in many years.

All of you have already done so much for me and my family so far, so I am reluctant to post this, but everyone has been encouraging me to share my needs, so this is what I have done.

Again, thanks for all your support and prayers. I only have 3 more treatments so far, and am hopeful that I will make it out with no issues.

My current chemo (all at Harris Methodist Fort Worth) schedule is as follows:

Cycle 4 - Jan 16 - 22
Cycle 5 - Feb 6 - 12
Cycle 6 - Feb 27 - Mar4

3 comments:

Louanne said...

When I needed blood 6 people donated in my name. It was more than I needed (and some not my type), but the great thing is that then the blood banks are not depleted if an emergency hits our area.

We are keeping you guys in our prayers.

Louanne, Mike and Nadia

AMy G said...

I know how very important blood counts are, and I am so glad that you are done with round 1. Winner...JEFF. Did you hear the bell with that? I am only so upset that I cannot donate blood on your behalf due to my anemia, but I can donate all the prayers you can take :)

-Amos

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,

We all missed you this past week in San Antonio. I am glad to hear you are doing well. I have not donated blood in quite a while and this is a geat excuse for me to get my act together; I will get it done over the next couple of weeks and will be sure to request it go to your bank. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Stay Strong,

Mike B