Apture

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Counts still low...

It has been several days since my last post. I have been feeling pretty good this week (so I thought) and felt like the 2 units of blood I received on Sat were going to get me back to acceptable levels. Today, I had a blood test and they were still very low. In fact, they are lower than they have ever been. I think I need a refund on the blood from Sat. My doctor sent me back to the blood bank for a unit of platelets as my HGB count was 3..... it should be between 200 and 400. Also, I am quarantined for several days as my WBC is at 0.2, which is pretty low. I am thinking that I am going to feel better tomorrow as I have no where to go but "up". :-)

We have lots going on these days at home as Daniel is preparing for a school play where he is a munchkin (Wizard of Oz). They have been working on this since Sept and will be fun to see all the pieces all come together. He will have 3 performances and I hope to make the one on Saturday. Sandra's training for the marathon is getting more intense every week and she is doing a great job. Walking every day several miles and 8-10 on Saturday. It is encouraging to me to see her commitment and dedication to something like this. She is not a big athlete, so this is a big challenge.

That’s all for now. I'll post again when my counts are up...hopefully this weekend. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement so far. I can see the ending in sight and just have a month to go till I can finish chemo.

No comments: