Apture

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday

This past week has been a pretty good week regarding my recovery period from cycle 4 chemo. My blood counts typically bottom out Thur - Sat and that is what happend this week as well. Friday, my doctor recommended another 2 units of blood. So, Saturday, I went to Plaza and got 2 units. That process went very smooth and I can already feel better as a result. The main reason I needed blood was my HGB was 7.7 and the RBC was 2.44. The Red Blood Cells are what take oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. When you are low on RBCs, just simply walking across the room makes you winded. I had a hard time just walking around the house most of the week and Friday and Saturday was the worst. I still feel pretty tired and run down, but I know that I will get stronger as this week progresses. So far, I have not had any fever, so no infections at this point. The white blood cells is the other big issue. WBCs fight infection and a normal person has between 8 and 12....Mine was 1.0 on Friday. I take a drug everyday to help my body produce more WBCs and I know they will go back up rapidly on Monday and Tuesday.

Today the weather has been so nice. The temp reached the upper 60's with plenty of sunshine. I know much of the country is fighting the cold and snow, and it is nice to have weather like this for a few days in Fort Worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,
So blessed to hear your positive outlook. We hope to see you and Sandra later this week...let us know your plans! Loving you from Houston,
Leannah, Rick and the kiddos

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,
I had no idea the stuff you have been going through. Your positive attitude is tremendous. I just want you to know that you and your family will be in my prayers. You can kick this thing. Take care and may God Bless you!
Dwayne