Apture

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 6 & 7 - Going Home.


Day 6 (Monday) was another good day of chemo (no real side effects noticed except headaches). I am still taking the last (slow) bag of chemo from yesterday. It should finish up today by 2pm and then Sandra and I will drive back to Fort Worth. This is still somewhat "up in the air" as I can't leave until this last bag is finished and it is on a very slow drip.
Although we get to go home today, we have to come back again this Friday (day after Thanksgiving) for 3 days. I have lab work on Friday, then on Sunday I have to take one bag of chemo. This will not be in the hospital, so I will do this in an out-patient infussion room. Once we are finished, we will drive back to Fort Worth on Sunday. The next cycle will begin Dec 6th back in Houston.

This first round of chemo has been a great learning experience and would hope future rounds to be the same. The next round on Dec 6th will be different drugs, so I still have that test ahead with regard to side-effects.

I will continue to keep this blog up-to-date with information regarding my progress and thoughts on my situation. I have enjoyed and continue to welcome all your comments and support and ideas for my recovery. Many of you have shared stories of friends you know who have beaten this and it has been a great encouragement to me. It continues to amazes me how much cancer has effected so many people and what effect it has had on their lives.

Take care!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

Sounds like the treatment is going as well as can be expected. Your attitude and outlook are amazing! Stay strong. Drop me a line if you want to just B.S., talk sports or whatever.

Geoff

robert said...

Hey Jeff
Thanks so much for your updates. The Shryoc clan will continue to pray for you and your whole family. We look forward to getting you back to Friday breakfast (your presence has a real calming effect on Seth...and he needs it)

By the way, your Red Raiders really put it to my ex-sooners. The game was not as close as the score indicated...nice job.

take care,

robert shryoc

Anonymous said...

Jeff hope that you are now home and feeling really comfortable in your own bed. Maybe you have even slept in this morning - WOW that would be great for you. I see that the thanksgiving break will be short for you but better to keep all that "good stuff" pumping through your system. Keep your spirit strong. Susan