Apture

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Immune System back up. (WBC 9.4)

It feels great to be back home again after all the travels to Houston. I am feeling great and am now into Day 15 of my treatment plan. I had an initial lab test today to see where my WBC levels are and they came back in the "normal" range (9.4). This is great news because that means my immune system is up and working to prevent any infections. I have 7 days till my next round of Chemo here in Fort Worth (Dec 6-8), so I will be working towards staying healthy as possible in prep for the next round.


I am getting back to work at SAP for a few days between treatments and am starting to get back to all the fun chores around the house.


I can't tell you what a relief it is to have the ability to do my main treatments here at home. I will still get re-staging and main evaluations at MD Anderson every 6 weeks, but my weekly chemo and blood level evaluations and other prescriptions will all be handled by Dr. Jordan here in Fort Worth.


As many of you know, Sandra and I met in Houston and were married there 16 years ago. Daniel was born in Houston and we eventually moved back to the DFW area in 1999. We still love Houston and it is like a second home to us and every time we visited, it allowed us to connect with old friends and cruise around our old stomping grounds. We tried to get a Star or Barry's Pizza last time, but were unable....maybe next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I wish I would have known about this blog earlier. I just got through reading all of the posts and it is obvious that God is beig glorified through this process. It is amazing how in trials we begin to notice how many blessings that we overlook everyday.

The churh body here in Fort Worth will continue to pray for you and your family. We miss you guys!!!

Tim and Emily Bates