Apture

Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Morning

This morning has been great. I got at least 6 hours of sleep last night which is good because they come in at 4pm to check your vitals and draw labs. I have already had my 3rd Cytoxin chemo started today and it is going well. I will have another at 9pm tonight. This process will last through tomorrow and then another round of another drug will start. I saw the doctor this morning and said all my labs look great and they are expecting me to be released on Tuesday.

I have talked with several nurses here who all treat Lymphoma patients and they all say how fortunate I am to have found this in Stage 2. Many people who develope Lymphoma don't see symptoms until the later stages. By the fact that I developed a cold and also had SVC Syndrom (which is swelling of the neck and head veins due to Lymphnodes welling) this caused me to go to the doctor to get checked. My Dr. ran some tests immediately and as a result felt I had a good chance of Lymphoma. In many other cases I have heard, people with swollen lymphnodes are often mis-diagnosed with just allergies or viruses and given antibiotics which only masks the problems which can delay the right diagnosis of Lymphoma. The CT Scan will show swollen nodes then a biopsy is the only way to tell if the Lymphnodes have cancer cells.

I encourage everyone to learn from this and to check for any swelling in their Lymphnodes and have them checked by the doctor. Your Lymph system is all over your body and it's primary function is to fight infection. Your nodes are where the infection is pulled into and destroyed. These nodes are primarily located in your neck, chest, arm pits, ankles, groin and stomach areas.

That all for now.

I added a cool Video update to at the bottom so check it out...

4 comments:

Louanne said...

Adding the video is cool. We will keep you in our prayers tonight for your next round of treatment.

Mike, Louanne and Nadia
*hugs from Fort Worth*

Stephanie Rohloff said...

Wow, I am so encouraged by your joyful spirit! What a blessing it is to see you glorifying God with your positive outlook and spirit in this hard time! We will be praying for you tonight at 9. Please send our love to Sandra and Daniel.

Kasi said...

Thanks for the up-to-the-minute info on your progress. We're all praying for you and know that God will bring the victory!

Love to all,
Aunt Pam, Uncle Don and the fam

melissa said...

Thanks for send us all your information. Please know that you, Sandra, and Daniel are in our prayers. God is good...all the time. If we can help in any way in Ft Worth, please know we are only a phone call away.

God's strength, healing powers, and blessing be with you!

much love,
Roger, Melissa and the boys