Apture

Thursday, November 15, 2007

MD Anderson


I know some of you have asked about where I am while in Houston. The MD Anderson Cancer Center has an entire hospital floor where all the Lymphoma patients stay for in-patient chemo treatments. Apparently, there are lots of people with this type of cancer to have their own floor (9th floor)!

Sandra is staying at the Residence Inn on Westpark & Kirby.

My first day of chemo was Wed (11/14). I took Rituximab from 8:30pm - 12:30am. I was able to complete this cycle without any side effects. Yea! I was able to sleep about 4 hours after that and was done with a long day.

Today, I am taking a chemo drug called Cytoxin. I will take 6 units of this over 3 days. We are watching this closely as it can also have side effects. However, my first round Thursday morning was again side-effect free! The nurses are encouraged with how my body is handling the treatements so far.
Sandra is taking a class to learn how to care for my "PICC" line which they setup in my arm to take the chemo. This PICC line is much easier to use than a normal IV. It was pretty easy to setup and can be taken out when my chemo treatments are over in 6 months. I can do normal activities with this as well, so it should not interfere with my golf swing.





6 comments:

Louanne said...

Hi guys! It sounds like you are in good spirits and we will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Louanne, Mike and Nadia

thetexaspainters said...

Jeff-
I am glad to hear that the treatments are going well thus far. I will continue to pray for God to provide healing, peace and comfort.

I look forward to seeing you when you get home.

In Him,
Bruce

Terry Russey said...

Jeff, Sandra and Daniel,
Seems like so far, so good. So we all are encouraged. Thanks a ton for keeping us informed.

I have not figured out how to subscribe so that an email will inform me of updates.

I will keep praying for you.

Uncle Terry

Jill Callaway said...

Jeff, Glad to see you found something to keep you busy! I have never blogged before-who knew?
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Hang in there! I will get in touch with Sandra. We are all praying for you! Love, Ron, Jill, Allison and Travis

Karen said...

I love the idea of the blog! What a great way to keep folks updated.

Ok, I give up...after going through those pics more times than I care to admit...are you inside of a building or something?

We are so excited to hear that days 1 and 2 of chemo have gone so well...please know that we are all praying for you, Sandra and Daniel and look forward to your return back home.

Ken wanted you to know that our boys are also praying for you every night...what a testimony to the Lord this journey has, and will continue to be. Thanks for you all being such a great witness to the Lord.

We love you guys,
Karen & Ken

Scott & Jana said...

Jeff,

Glad to hear that the first few days have gone so well. We'll continue to pray that they stay that way.

We're sorry you're having to go through treatments, but we sure have enjoyed Daniel!

Good to know your golf swing is intact.

I'll take good care of Daniel on the camp out. The weather should be great.

Blessings,
Scott & Jana