Apture

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday evening

I have had a "marginal" day today. Somewhat more tired and run down. They say this is normal as this is my 5th (out of 6) infussion of the same cytoxin. I will finish the final 6th one for this drug at 9:30pm tonight. Then I have two more new drugs over Sunday and Monday.


I continue to be amazed at how these drugs work. There seems to be something for every aspect of this process. Modern medicine has become so specialized and they can regulate everything about your body: blatter, kidneys, nausea, headaches, stomach aches, muscle aches, etc...I think I've had them all today. These nurses here have seen it all. They keep asking me questions about how I feel and there response is always...."ok, we have something for that". They come in 10 minutes later with a pill or an IV bag and hook me up. I always feel better soon after. I do worry about taking all these medicines, but they assure me that it will all work out and they do not hurt my body in situations like this. I am learning about "trust" and patience in these situations.


I also watched some college football today and am currently watching my Texas Tech Red Raiders play Oklahoma (current score OU 7, TTU 3). It will be a good game. Did anyone see the Texas Tech player introductions at the beginning of the game? Apparently, this very famous person is a good friend of Mike Leach (TTU head coach). ... Donald Trump! He gave the offense and defense starting line-ups...Leach and Trump...interesting mix!


2 comments:

Deb, Steve and the kids said...

The first thing that I do every monring is check your blog. I love the daily updates.

I am so comforted knowing that things have gone so well.

We can't wait for you to get home and to see you on Thanksgiving!

We love you!

mfb7005 said...

Jeff,

Texas Tech's amazing win over Oklahoma must have made your day!

We're glad that you are finding, as we did, MD Anderson to be an amazing place. It sounds as though you are in good and experienced hands in the Lymphoma Department.

Your church family is looking forward to your return. Until then you are in our prayers.

Marilyn & Alan