Apture

Saturday, December 1, 2007

End of first 17 day cycle


Friday marked the end of my first 17 day chemo cycle (which started on Nov 14th in Houston). This first round included the initial 7 day hospital infusion, followed by a second 1 day infusion on Day 12, then in-home medications through Day 17 (11/30). I have felt good through out this process and am now preparing for the next cycle which begins Dec 6th in Fort Worth.


As you can see from this recent picture, my hair is starting to come out. I decided to get it cut to hasten the event. I am not sure if I like a hairless Jeff, but I don't have much choice! I will be looking for some good hat choices as my head is already cold from the weather!

In talking to some of you recently, there seems to have been some early confusion on the staging of my cancer. I wanted to make sure everyone understands where that stands. From the initial diagnosis at MD Anderson on Nov. 8th, I have been staged at 2E. This means it is only in my chest region and not below the diaphragm. It had also not spread yet to the bone marrow. None of the other lymphnodes in my body had shown signs of cancer. At the end of my 2nd round of chemo (Dec 19-21) I will get restaged. This restaging will allow the doctors to see the progress of the chemo treatments and if cancer has spread to other areas.

This week I will enjoy time with family and try and "fatten up" a bit. I have lost 10 lbs. the last 4 weeks due to the chemo and change in my eating habits. The holiday cooking should help that along! I continue to be encouraged by all the support and prayers from everyone. I continue to get daily emails from people who have read my blog and are following right along with me in this journey. I pray this process will encourage you wherever you are in your life. I know it has changed me for the better and as I look at life with renewed energy and focus. We all only have a short time on this earth, and we need to make the most of every day! It is a daily thing for me and I look forward to what each day brings.


Take care!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff! Eric and I have been praying for you and Sandra and Daniel. But today was the first time I was able to check out your blog. I am so impressed. Just reading the answers to your prayer requests is encouraging to me in my faith. God is certainly being glorified. Thanks for taking the time to update it. I will be checking back. I actually learned a lot so keep up the good work. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.
Love, Lana and all the rest

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Sandy and I continue to pray and think about you, Sandra & Daniel. Jeff you are a tough guy. Hang in there. There will be victory at the end of this hard road. Have a blessed day. Tom Stoy

Louanne said...

Jeff - so glad to hear that round one has gone well. Eat lots of cookies and milk to bulk up.

And for the hair - you look cool! With your big smile it fits :)

And to Sandra - yeah for your May 4th plans. We are rooting for you and keeping you all in our prayers.

Louanne, Mike and Nadia

CP said...

Corrin and I are following your victories here. Keep up the spirits and don't sweat the hair. It's trendy.

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

We continue to lift you and your family up in our prayers. You are an amazing person and you are styling with no hair. Love you!

Your cousin,
Brenda