Apture

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Cycle 2 chemo started today...


I started Cycle 2 Chemo today in Fort Worth at the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders. It was an out-patient treatment, so after the 4 hour infusion, I was able to come home.

Tomorrow I will check into the Harris Methodist downtown hospital for the 3 day in-patient treatment. I feel pretty good today and seem to handle the Rituximab drug very well. The next 3 days will be two new drugs which hopefully I can handle well.

I have been able to gaim some weight this week and weighed in at about 140 lbs., which is great. I know I will loose about 3-5 lbs by this weekend because I don't eat well in the hospital. I am spoiled to homecooked meals.

We have been decorating our house this week for Christmas and enjoying being at home. I will say that typically this time of year in years gone by, I have always felt that time really flew by. For some reason this year, time seems to be a bit slower and I have been able to really soak in this time of the year. I have really enjoyed it dispite my health issues, I feel extremely blessed and thankful for all that is going on. I pray you are able to do the same.

Take care...
PS. I appreciate all who have supported Sandra so far in her "marathon project". She starts her official training this Sat (at 7am...that will be fun).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandra--my mom walked the San Francisco Lymphoma marathon in October and had a blast! Make sure you have good shoes! Jeff, so glad that you're getting treatments in Cowtown--that's a huge relief I'm sure vs. going to that nasty H-town so often. We'll miss you at breakfast tomorrow but I'll give you a full report. So good seeing you last Friday and then on Sunday.

Seth

Louanne said...

Jeff - we continue to pray for you and are also so happy that you are able to take these treatments here in Fort Worth.

Louanne, Mike and Nadia

The End of All Sorrows said...

Sounds like you need some cookies, Jeff. Sandra, I'm in for a donation to the marathon project . . . after Christmas. I'm excited for you. Grace and peace,
Jacquelyn

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jeff

We are hoping for very few side effects from these unpronounceable drugs.!!!

Hang in there.