Apture

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Start of Cycle 3...no rest for the holidays!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas yesterday. It was great to be home and spend time with Daniel and Sandra and my sister's family in Keller. I almost didn't make it home as I was in Houston on Christmas Eve in the hospital!..but they let me out and we drove back to Fort Worth on Christmas Eve! This Christmas had special meaning to me as I sat in the hospital and pondered the possibility of not being home. I realize now what others feel like when their "normal" Christmas experience is disrupted and they face the possibility of not being with family and friends. I thank God that I was allowed the treasure of spending time with my family at Christmas this year.

Today, I have started my first day of cycle 3 chemo treatments. I feel great and am looking forward to getting this cycle going and completed soon. Hospitalization is required for this treatment and I will be in the hospital Thursday- Tuesday (New Year's Day). Mainly this is due to the non-stop nature of this type of chemo. I am still on the "hyper CVAD" protocol for this cycle. Please pray that I would not have any reactions to this round and be able to tollerate the hospital stay.

Take care and I again appreciate all the prayers and encouragement!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...glad you were home for the holidays...just think of being in the hospital this way...you will get to watch a ton of college bowl games! I'm jealous...I think I'll be chasing a 2 year old around and not getting to veg out like I'd like to.

Hope to see you soon. Feel well.

Seth

Anonymous said...

Jeff - you are going to get through this round no problems - i just know it.
Your blogs are so up lifting for us - keep up the great work. Thank all the great nurses for us - i know that they are looking after you. Susan