Apture

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back home after 6 days


I finally made it home today from 6 days in the hospital. I went in thinking it would only be 3 days. They kept me for observation due to a few blood levels they needed to check. I had several people come to see me over the weekend. Pictured here is my father-in-law, Bob Goldstein (Candy, his wife is taking the picutre) and two of my nephews, Wesley and Sam Holt from Houston. I am relaxing in the wonderful hospital bed.
My big concern now over the next several days is monitoring my drop in White Blood Cells. It will most likely drop to 1.0 (normal range is 8-12). This will remove most of my infection defenses. I should peak (lowest) around Friday or Saturday and then hopefully recover rapidly by Tue or Wed. I will keep you posted.
We will be heading to Houston next Wed-Fri to run tests and meet with my MD Anderson team to restage. These tests will see how the chemo has performed against the cancer. We are praying that it is working very well and that it has also not spread to any other parts of my body.
Thanks again for all the emails and notes with regard to prayer support and encouragement. It truly means the world to me and gives me the strenght and courage to meet each day's challenges (of which there are many). I know that progress is being made and all of you are part of the success I am having. Please know that I appreciate it greatly.
Take care..more later.

1 comment:

Sage said...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the updates. I will be praying for you - no infections over the weekend and great news next week.

Our God is a God of strength and miracles, not weakness. I really believe he will bless you as your attitude is a great testimony.

Best Regards,
Sage