Apture

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sandra's Big Challenge


Have any of you ever heard of "walking" a marathon? I did not know this was possible, but have come to realize it is a common event for many people and is a tremendous accomplishment. Last week, Sandra announced at dinner that she was going to "do a marathon" and raise money for Lymphoma research. I could not believe what she was saying....a marathon?

So, she has decided to take the challenge and train for walking in the Vancouver Marathon on May 4th, 2008. As part of this event, she will be specifically raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Team in Training) for the next 5 months. There is a sidebar link to their website for general information about this organization.

Sandra has never done anything like this before and I am honored to have her try this as a way to support me in my battle against Lymphoma during the same time period. She is very excited about doing this and I will hopefully be able to be finished with my chemo in-time to attend the event and cheer her to the finish line!

Her goal is to raise $4,400 in 5 months for the event. To find out more, you can visit her website which describes the event and also allows you to donate on-line. http://www.active.com/donate/tntntx/sandratanner


Go Sandra Go!...

2 comments:

Louanne said...

GO SANDRA GO!! We will be rooting for you and hope you go over your goal.

Louanne, Mike and Nadia

Anonymous said...

I am all for the "hike"
Train, Train, Train!!!!!!